We have released a press release confirming the service we will be able to operate during upcoming industrial action on three dates next week. You can find a copy of this release below.
South Western Railway outlines strike day services in May and June (link to SWR website)
- Nationwide strike action will take place on Wednesday 31 May, Friday 2 June and Saturday 3 June
- On Wednesday 31 May and Saturday 3 June, a reduced service will operate in some areas, with customers advised to check before they travel
- On Friday 2 June, a significantly reduced service will operate on a limited number of lines, with customers advised to only travel if absolutely necessary
- The latest information will be available at www.southwesternrailway.com/strike
On Wednesday 31 May, a nationwide strike by ASLEF union members will affect SWR’s network-wide depot drivers, who bring trains in and out of service, as well as drivers on the Island Line.
Contingency timetables are still to be confirmed however SWR can announce the following service changes:
- There will be a reduced service between London Waterloo and Chessington South; Dorking; Hampton Court; London Waterloo via Hounslow; London Waterloo via Kingston; Reading; Shepperton; Twickenham; Weybridge; and Windsor & Eton Riverside
- A shuttle service will operate between Basingstoke and Exeter St David’s, with customers travelling between Exeter St David’s and London Waterloo required to change at Basingstoke
- A reduced service will operate in the Romsey area
- There will be no service on the Island Line